Bio and Contact

DJ XTC, as he loves to refer to his stage name from one of his all time favourite on air personalities as the “often imitated never duplicated one” , has over the past 25 years been an influential part of the music industry. Working on FM radio, and online radio, XTC has charted what would become some of the best in industry talent. He’s had the opportunity to be mentored by some of the most influential DJ’s and producers in Canada and around the world. A friend to several Juno award winning artists and songwriters, and well know promoter in the “scene”, he considers himself to be one step ahead of the continuous evolution of the music industry.

XTC was the first industry backed DJ to go viral. His XTC Radio One series in 2005 - 2006  reached out and touched more people than any of the other competing podcasts, or names. DJ's such as Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul Van Dyk and Giuseppe Ottaviani quickly followed suit. As a podcast pioneer XTC set the stage for what would now become a critical link between fans, artists and producers in the genre. "Podcasting is essential especially if you are an up and coming DJ or artist, no matter what genre you cater to. 15 years ago you were a rebel if you had a podcast - an outcast.  In 2022 its a must." XTC stated. "EDM DJ's are the rebels of the music industry and we're always pushing the edge of technological change and evolution in music." XTC says. "I was taught by my mentors to always challenge the norms in the industry, and to stay humble while doing so." XTC added. When asked what advice he would give up and coming DJ's in the genre XTC stated:

"You can be the best technical DJ in the world and still clear the dance floor.  Technique is 25% of what we do as DJ's, the other 75% of it is learning what our audience wants and expects of us.  It's not about bravatto or ego. It's about the fans, the listeners and creating those memorable moments in music that can last a life time.  That's what it's about."

XTC has packed clubs to capacity, and rocked dance floors across Ontario, Canada in the 90's and in early 2000. In January 2021 XTC rebooted Global Trance Sessions after a decade pause to focus on family, and as of 2022 achieved 6 years in broadcasting under the GTS banner. Global Trance Sessions has been nominated by his fans and fellow peers as being one of the top EDM podcasts consistently charting in the top 40 globally and in Canada among the top 5 shows on streaming services such as MixCloud.

Global Trance Sessions releases on a bi-weekly schedule guiding listeners through an upbeat and uplifting journey into all trance has to offer and has an impressive guest roster from some of the biggest names in the industry which includes Italy's top DJ and industry legend Giuseppe Ottaviani, Ireland's Chris Corrigan, and Australia's Adrian Morton.

To contact DJ XTC directly or for syndication, guest set or promo submissions please email: djxtc25@hotmail.com

Podbean App

Play this podcast on Podbean App